Updating your iPhone is essential to keep your device from security flaws and get enhanced features to improve productivity. But sometimes, these updates bring unknown issues that ruin the entire user experience. In most cases, the new update is always expected to cause the issue. One of the best ways to resolve the issue is to wait for the next update or remove the recently installed update.
You can’t be sure whether the future update will fix the issue or not. In that case, we always recommend removing the recently installed update. You can undo an update on your iPhone by following a few simple steps. There are several ways to remove an update on an iPhone. All the below-mentioned ways are easy to follow and understand.
• You can undo an update on the iPhone from Settings.
• The second way to delete an iPhone update is with the help of the iTunes app.
You can easily undo an update on an iPhone using the abovementioned methods. Here in this tutorial, we have explained all the possible methods to help you easily remove an update on your iPhone. You can pick any of the below-mentioned methods and follow them to undo an iPhone update.
2 Ways To Undo an Update on iPhone
Undoing an update on an iPhone is pretty straightforward. We have found two possible methods to undo an update on an iPhone, and this section explains them in detail. Follow any of the mentioned methods and easily undo a recently installed update on your iPhone.
Method #1: Using the Settings
One of the easiest methods to delete an iPhone update is from your iPhone’s Settings. This can easily be deleted from your iPhone’s “Profile” section. We have explained the steps to do the same easily below.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Head to the “General” section.
- Tap on the iPhone “Storage” option.
- Search for the iOS version in the “iPhone Storage” section.
- Tap on the iOS version.
- Tap on the “Delete Update” button.
- Click “Delete Update” to allow the system to delete the update.
If your iPhone runs on iOS 10 or earlier, You will find the software update in the “Manage Storage” section under the “Storage and iCloud Usage”.
Method #2: Using iTunes App
You can also undo your iPhone update with the help of the iTunes app on your iPhone. All iPhones come with an iTunes app to stream music, videos, movies, TV shows, and more. iTunes app also enables you to delete an iPhone update. You must first enter the Recovery Mode and then delete the update using the iTunes app.
Here’s how you can use the iTunes app to undo an update on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB Lightning Cable. Your computer will now automatically detect your iPhone.
- Head to your Mac, and open the “Library” folder. (Windows users can check the Note section.)
- Open the iTunes folder in the Library folder.
- Open the “iPhone Software Updates” folder.
- Hold the power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds, and leave the power button after 10 seconds but don’t release the home button.
- Open the iTunes app on your Mac or Windows.
- Click on iPhone under the “Device” section in the left sidebar.
- Press and hold the Shift key until you see the “Restore” option.
- Click on the “Restore” button and select the previous iOS version from the iPhone “Software Updates” folder.
- Wait a few minutes to let the system install the previous version of iOS again and delete the current ones.
- Download RecBoot software on your Mac and Windows.
- Once downloaded, open the RecBoot software and click the “Exit Recovery Mode” button.
That’s it. Your iPhone will now restart, and it will now be running on the previous version of iOS.
If you don’t have a Mac, you can use your Windows PC to access the iPhone Software Updates folder on Windows. Click on the Windows icon, and type the mentioned location path in the search bar:
%appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates. This will take you to the iPhone Software Updates stored on your Windows PC.
Wasn’t it easy to delete an iPhone update and resolve the issue? You can either undo an update from the Settings app or use the iTunes app. If you are an iOS Beta user, deleting a recently installed update is much easier. Otherwise, you can use the iTunes app to delete the iPhone update.