Call forwarding is an essential feature, especially when you are unavailable to pick up calls but still want to register all incoming. If you anticipate all-day meetings or take a week’s leave from work, redirecting calls to an alternative number ensures that your calls go through.
If you have used call forwarding before, it’s essential to know how to reverse the process when you need to. Luckily, unforwarding calls on your iPhone is pretty simple.
To unforward calls, go to your iPhone’s Settings, and scroll to the Phone app. Next, slide the toggle next to “Call Forwarding” from “On” to “Off“.
Unforwarding calls on your iPhone can be confusing. If you’ve been struggling with this task, this article is for you. We cover the steps to unforward calls on your iPhone.
Overview of Unforwarding Calls on iPhone
Even though call forwarding is not a new phone feature, its capability and complexity have increased as technology advances. You can set up various forwarding rules based on several factors when using an iPhone to forward calls.
First, you can set up call forwarding rules based on a particular phone number, area, country code, or blocked number. You can also adjust call forwarding settings depending on the timing of the call, including time of day, date ranges, and recurring schedules. It’s also possible to set call commands for when your line is busy or when you fail to answer.
If you set up multiple call forwarding rules on your iPhone, unforwarding can sometimes seem complicated.
Unforwarding Calls on iPhone: Step-by-Step Guide
Follow the steps below to unforward calls on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings“.
- Scroll through the list of apps until you get to “Phone“.
- Click on the “Phone” icon, then navigate to “Call Forwarding“.
- Slide the “On” toggle next to “Off“.
- Use another number to call your line and see if the call goes through.
iPhone Unforwarding Calls Problems
There are several reasons why call forwarding and unforwarding may sometimes fail to work. The most common is improper call settings or system issues. When implementing the forward calls settings, you may have interfered with other call settings preventing you from unforwarding calls.
Another reason you can’t unforward calls on your iPhone is a system bug causing your iPhone’s OS to malfunction. Whatever the problem is, there are a few quick fixes you can utilize to resolve an iPhone unforwarding calls issue. Here are a few.
Reset Call Forwarding Settings
If you suspect your iPhone will not unforward calls because of a call settings issue, try setting up call forwarding and then resetting it to fix the problem. Hopefully, this will refresh the feature, and you can finally unforward your calls. To restore forward call settings, follow the steps below.
- Open the iPhone’s Settings and scroll to the Phone app.
- Click on “Call Forwarding” to turn the forwarding feature “On“.
- Enter the number you had redirected calls to when the “Forward to” option appears.
- Wait a few seconds, then call your line with another number to see if call forwarding works.
- Reverse the call forwarding process by going to Settings > Phone app > “Call Settings” > “Call Forward” > “Off“.
If refreshing the call forwarding feature doesn’t work, the issue may be the iPhone’s iOS system. Sometimes, when the iOS version is outdated, the phone can start displaying several performance issues like apps freezing and calls refusing to unforward. Luckily, updating iOS and fixing the call unforwarding problem takes a few simple steps.
Here’s how to do it.
- Open iPhone’s Settings, then go to “General”.
- Tap on “Software Update“.
- Click on “Update Now” if you see it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then wait for the update to download.
- Click on “Install” to complete the update.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Go back to the phone settings and slide the “Call Forwarding” toggle to “Off“.
As you’ve learned from this article, unforwarding calls on an iPhone is pretty straightforward. If you have a problem unforwarding calls on your iPhone, try resetting the call forwarding feature or updating iOS. If these solutions don’t work for you, escalate the issue to official Apple support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings > Phone > “Call Forwarding” to forward calls on your iPhone. Next, enter the number you want to forward calls to, then click on the Back icon to save the settings.
If you can’t unforward calls on your iPhone, you might have interfered with your call settings, or your iPhone has system issues. Try resetting the call forward feature by forwarding and then unforwarding calls. If this fails, try updating iOS to fix system issues.