Are you looking to try other riding services and don’t want to use the Uber app on your Android anymore? Luckily for you, uninstalling the app is pretty straightforward.
To uninstall Uber on your Android, launch Settings, tap “Apps” or “Applications”, select “Uber”, tap “UNINSTALL”, and tap “OK” to confirm.
To help you with this task, we have written an extensive guide on uninstalling Uber on your Android with easy-to-follow instructions. We will also discuss a few fixes for the malfunctioning Uber app on your device.
Uninstalling Uber on Android
If you don’t know how to uninstall Uber on your Android, our following 3 step-by-step methods will help you get this done in no time.
Method #1: Using Settings
You can quickly uninstall Uber on your Android using the Settings menu by following these easy steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to the “Apps” or the “Applications” option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Uber”.
- Tap “UNINSTALL”.
- Tap “Confirm” or “OK” to complete the uninstallation process.
Method #2: Using the App Drawer
Follow these steps to uninstall the Uber app on your phone using the App Drawer.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to launch the App Drawer on your Android.
- Tap and hold the Uber app icon.
- Tap the encircled “-” icon or “x” to initiate uninstall.
- Tap “OK” or “Confirm” once the confirmation pop-up appears to complete the uninstallation process.
Method #3: Using Google Play Store
With these steps, you can also Uninstall Uber on your Android through the Google Play Store.
- Open Play Store.
- Type “Uber” in the search bar and select the Uber app.
- Tap “Uninstall”.
- Again, tap “Uninstall” on the pop-up to complete the uninstallation, and that’s about it!
Is the Uber App Not Working on Android?
If you are uninstalling the Uber app because it is not working on your Android, try the following troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
Method #1: Signing Out
A quick way to fix the glitching Uber app is to sign out and into your account with these instructions.
- Launch Uber.
- Tap your account.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Tap “Confirm Sign Out” on the pop-up menu.
- After 2 minutes, sign in again using the provided ways and verify that the app is working correctly on your Android device.
Method #2: Clearing the Cache
It is possible to get the Uber app working again on your Android by clearing the app cache in the following way.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll through the menu and tap “Apps” or “Applications”.
- Tap “Uber”.
- Tap “Storage”.
- Tap “CLEAR CACHE”.
- Go back to the Home screen, launch the Uber app, and see if this fixes the issue!
Method #3: Reinstalling the Uber App
If the above two methods didn’t help you, try reinstalling the Uber app on your Android with these quick steps.
- Tap and hold the Uber app on the Home screen of your Android device.
- Tap the encircled “-” icon with “Uninstall” written under it.
- Tap “Confirm” or “OK” after the final confirmation.
- Next, open Google Play Store and search for the Uber app.
- Tap the Uber icon and select “Install”.
In this guide, we have discussed how to Uninstall Uber on your Android. We have also discussed multiple ways to fix the Uber app if it needs to be fixed on your device.
Hopefully, your query has been resolved, and you can clear some space on your Android by getting rid of the Uber app and installing another one for your transportation needs!