Are you looking to switch your network carrier for your iPhone, but the Total Wireless policy prevents you from doing it with ease? Although this may seem like an impossible task, there is a quick workaround.
To unlock your Total Wireless iPhone, open the Phone app from the Home screen. Dial *#06# and note down your IMEI number. Dial the Total Wireless helpline and provide the details. Upon receiving an affirmative response, insert a new SIM card to test your newly unlocked iPhone.
To make things easier for you, we’ve created a comprehensive, step-by-step guide on unlocking a Total Wireless iPhone.
What Is Total Wireless?
Total Wireless, or Total, is one of America’s top virtual mobile service providers selling various products and services, including iPhones, carrier plans, and other smartphones.
Total Wireless is highly esteemed for its services that are as good as top market competitors but at half the price! They utilize Verizon’s Wireless network, which is the largest network in the United States.
Total Wireless Unlocking Policy
Total Wireless offers a range of benefits that attract customers, such as affordable family plans and extensive signal coverage over the Verizon network. However, some cons lie on their grounds, such as their device Unlocking Policy.
The Unlocking Policy restricts their smartphones for 60 days, after which you are required to send in a request to unlock your phone.
This policy causes inconvenience if you’re looking to travel or use your phone with other wireless carrier networks within the country. Fortunately, this problem can easily be resolved with a few remedies, which we’ll discuss below.
Checking an Already Unlocked iPhone
Before unlocking a Total Wireless iPhone, it is recommended to check if it has already been opened with the following steps.
- Switch off your iPhone.
- Eject the SIM card.
- Insert a new SIM card from another carrier.
- Switch on your iPhone to see the new SIM carrier’s name.
- Make a call with the newly installed SIM.
- Calls without interruptions indicate that your iPhone has been unlocked!
Unlocking Total Wireless iPhones
If you’re struggling with unlocking a Total Wireless iPhone, follow our 4 step-by-step methods to help you through the entire process without much trouble.
Method #1: Submitting a Request
If your 60-day paid period is over, you can send in a request to Total Wireless to unlock your iPhone with the following steps.
- Navigate to the Phone app from the Home screen of your iPhone and open it.
- Dial *#06# to get your IMEI number and note it down.
- Dial the Total Wireless helpline at 1-866-663-3633 and provide the required details.
- You will receive a notice if your device is eligible for the process.
- After being notified, insert a SIM card from another network provider to test your locked iPhone!
Method #2: Unlocking iPhones on the AT&T Service
To unlock your Total Wireless iPhone on AT&T service, follow these steps.
- Make sure that you have paid for the Total Wireless service.
- Open a web browser and go to the AT & T website.
- Navigate to the “Unlock your device” section.
- Scroll down and click “Unlock your device”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the iPhone unlock process.
- Keep checking your email to be notified of their confirmation.
On mobile carriers such as Sprint and T-Mobile, your iPhone will unlock itself automatically once it is eligible and has met the policy’s requirements.
Method #3: Using the AskUnlock Website
You can use the AskUnlock website to unlock the Total Wireless iPhone in the following way.
- Tap the Phone app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Dial *#06# to get your iPhone’s IMEI number and note it down.
- Launch a browser on your computer and head to AskUnlock’s website.
- Navigate to the “Carrier Unblock” form on the web page.
- Fill in the details, including your IMEI number, and tap “SUBMIT”.
- Check your emails for further instructions to unlock your iPhone’s carrier!
With the exact steps, you can also use other websites to unlock your Total Wireless iPhone!
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to unlock a Total Wireless iPhone by submitting a request using wireless carriers and websites, including AskUnlock. We have also discussed the Total Wireless Unlocking Policy and a way to check if your iPhone has already been unlocked.
Hopefully, your question has been answered in this article, and now you can easily switch the wireless carrier network on your iPhone whenever the need arises!
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, jailbreaking your iPhone does not allow you to break the carrier’s lock. Jailbreaking is done to remove any software or malware that prevents you from accessing your device. It also gives access to download apps or features that Apple has rejected.
In most cases, it is easy to unlock a Total Wireless iPhone for free. However, certain requirements should be met to do so.
These include ensuring cleared dues, crossing the Unlocking Policy time limit, and making sure that your phone has not been reported in the past. If these requirements are met, you can ask the helpline to unlock your iPhone without hesitation.
Total Wireless offers a variety of carrier plans that start as low as $35 per month and as high as $60 per month.
Total Wireless sells their phones with their SIM Kits. These include a universal SIM Card that is compatible with their phones.