If you love the Apple ecosystem, the Apple Watch is a great wearable that has become one of the most sought-after devices. But despite its many appealing attributes, one area where the Apple Watch falls short of expectations is when it comes to storage space. This is because this device only comes with a maximum storage of 32 GB for the latest model.
Because of the limited storage space, your music, podcasts, and photos can quickly use up all the available storage. Fortunately, there’s an effective way to unsync pictures from your Apple Watch, and here’s a look at the steps to follow.
1. Head to the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the “My Watch” option in the Apple Watch app.
3. Tap on “Photos” and click on the “Synced Album”.
4. Go to the Photos app on your iPhone and unsync the respective albums to remove all the pictures on your Apple Watch.
5. Set a limit on how many pictures should be synced to your Apple Watch.
These steps above for unsyncing your Apple Watch and iPhone come in handy in helping to create additional room on your smartwatch. Read on to learn more about the detailed steps you should follow when unsyncing pictures from your Apple Watch.
This guide will also take you through frequently asked questions about synchronizing photos to your Apple Watch from your iPhone. With that said, let’s get started.
Steps To Unsync Pictures From Your Apple Watch
Too many pictures on your Apple Watch is one reason for low storage. You can best resolve this problem by unsyncing and deleting these photos from your Apple Watch. The steps you should follow to unsync pictures on your Apple Watch aren’t complicated, and here’s a look at them.
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Head to the “My Watch” option in this app.
- Click on “Photos” and go to “Synced Album”.
- Under the “Synced Album” section, take note of each of the albums your Apple Watch has synchronized and tap on it. These albums on your iPhone can be named favorites, or wallpapers, to name a few.
- After selecting the album, you wish to unsync, place a limit on how many pictures should be synchronized to your Apple Watch. The minimum number of photos that can be synchronized to your Apple Watch is 25, while the maximum is 500.
It’s important to remember that you can’t unsync all the pictures from your Apple Watch. This is because this device comes with a minimum number of photos you must synchronize, which is 25. With that said, you can select your favorite pictures from your desired folder to be synchronized to your Apple Watch.
The set limit can be any specific number of pictures you wish, for instance, 25, 50, 75, or 100. If you set a limit of 30 pictures, your Apple Watch automatically stops syncing other pictures from your iPhone. As a result, your smartwatch still has some space.
It’s no doubt that Apple Watch is among the standout devices developed by Apple. However, the limited storage space of 32 GB on newer Apple Watches and less capacity on older smartwatch versions can be irritating. And if you’re constantly running out of space, the best thing to do is unsync pictures from your Apple Watch.
If you’ve been wondering how to unsync photos on your Apple Watch, this in-depth guide elaborates on everything you need to know. With this knowledge, you don’t have to struggle when unsyncing and removing photos that are using up too much space on your smartwatch by Apple.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Apple Watch and iPhone aren’t syncing even after resting these two devices several times, you might be confused as to why this is happening. Here’s a look at how you can correct this issue of your Apple Watch not syncing to your iPhone.
1. Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch to try and force a reconnection of these two devices.
2. Switch off Airplane Mode on your iPhone, as this causes it not to connect to your iPhone.
3. Confirm that the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your iPhone are turned on for proper connection of these gadgets.
4. Inspect the connection of your Apple Watch and iPhone, as it might have dropped if you placed these two devices too far from each other. If so, bring these two gadgets closer.
Yes, you can delete pictures from your Apple Watch rather than simply unsyncing them, and here are the steps to follow.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the “My Watch” option.
3. Click on “Photos”; then, tap on the “Synced Album”.
4. Tap this album and examine it to see if there are pictures you wish to delete. Note down this album’s name.
5. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone and delete the album you earlier noted to remove it from your Apple Watch.