Updates are necessary to give newer, better, and more interesting game experiences. And game developers are constantly sending in new updates, which you cannot but take advantage of.
So when you receive notifications or hear news about a new update, how do you update it on your Xbox One? This article will guide you on how you can manually or automatically update your games on Xbox One.
How To Automatically Update on Xbox One
If you would rather let your Xbox update as soon as there are newer versions, you can update your settings for it. For every new version released, you will have it on your Xbox without as much as clicking a button.
- Press the “Xbox” button to go to the home screen.
- Then click on “Settings” (represented with a gear icon).
- Choose System > Settings.
The only downside to setting automatic updates is that you no longer have control of your console’s memory, as the updates are done in the background without asking for permissions. And as time goes by, you might run out of memory without even knowing.
How To Manually Update on Xbox One
If you want to avoid running out of memory and manually update your game as you desire, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to go to the home screen.
- Then click on Settings (represented with a gear icon).
- Choose System > Settings.
- From the options presented, select “Console Info and Updates” or simply “Updates.”
- It will bring up a window containing available updates. Select the ones you want to update and click “Update.”
- Or you can check the box that will select all and allow updates.
- You can check the box to update both the Xbox software and the games.
The manual update requires more steps, but it assures you that you are in control and nothing can be updated without your approval.
How To Tell If Your Games Are Updated
If you did not permit automatic updates and want to confirm if some of your games are up to date. Follow these steps:
- Press the “Xbox” button to reveal a guide.
- Go to My Games and Apps > See All.
- All your games will be listed; select Filter > Xbox One Enhanced.
- Click on “Done,” and it will show you the list of updated games.
- Or you can navigate to the “Console Info and Updates” to see the list of apps that need updating, to know which ones are updated.
You can either manually or automatically update your games on your Xbox One, and it does not stop there. If you wish to have updated software, you can update it using the above method.
Manually or Automatically, neither method is better than the other to update your game or software. It depends on your preference. Decide which option is better for you and follow the steps above to achieve it.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Xbox one does not auto-update, it might not be a default setting. You can enable it by following the steps stated above.
Yes. You can do many Xbox activities on your phone (Android or iOS). Download the Xbox app on your phone through the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). You can click “Get It Free” to get the free version or pay for the paid version. Then you can install it and update the apps as you wish
If you want to clear all apps and progress on your Xbox One console, press the Xbox button to open the “Home” screen. Then choose Profile and System > Settings> System > Console Info. Click on “Reset Console.”