Do you spend hours editing and uploading a video to Instagram for it to turn out crappy? Don’t worry; you can fix this problem without breaking a sweat.
Launch the app on your device to upload high-quality videos to Instagram and tap the profile icon. Tap the three horizontal lines at the top-right corner, and go to “Settings”. Navigate to “Account” > “Mobile data use”. Tap the toggle next to the “Upload at highest quality” option to turn it on.
To help you with this task, we have written a comprehensive guide on uploading high-quality videos to Instagram with easy-to-follow instructions. We will also discuss a few ways to troubleshoot issues related to videos not uploading to Instagram.
- Uploading High-Quality Videos to Instagram
- Why Can’t I Upload Videos to Instagram?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Uploading High-Quality Videos to Instagram
If you don’t know how to upload high-quality videos to Instagram, our following 3 step-by-step methods will help you go through the entire process effortlessly.
Method #1: Enabling Highest Quality Upload
When uploading videos to Instagram using cellular or mobile data, their quality is adjusted according to the network conditions unless you turn on the highest quality upload feature in the following way.
- Launch Instagram and tap your profile icon at the bottom.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top-right and go to “Settings”.
- Tap “Account” and open “Mobile data use”.
- Tap the toggle next to the “Upload at highest quality” option to turn it on.
Method #2: Uploading to IGTV
One of the ways to maintain video quality when uploading to Instagram is to use the IGTV feature with the following steps.
- Launch Instagram, tap the + icon, and select a video to upload from your gallery.
- Choose “Long Video” from the pop-up menu and tap “Continue”.
- Choose a thumbnail from your video frames or tap “Add from Gallery” to choose one.
- Tap “Next” and add a title and description for the video.
- You can also choose to post a preview, post to Facebook, or add the video to an existing IGTV series.
- Once done, tap “Post” at the top-right corner to upload the high-quality Instagram video.
When posting IGTV videos from your mobile phone, your video has to be longer than 1 minute and less than 15 minutes. If you need to post a longer video, you can post it from the Instagram website on your computer.
Method #3: Using Third-Party Software
There are many third-party software that you can use to convert your videos per Instagram guidelines to upload them in the highest quality using these steps.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and go to Aiseesoft Video Converter.
- Click “Free Download” and install the software by following the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the software and browse the video you want to upload.
- Set “mp4” as the output format, the aspect ratio as “1:1”, and choose the resolution.
- Customize the video and click “Convert” after selecting the output location.
- Upload the video to Instagram while maintaining the best quality.
Why Can’t I Upload Videos to Instagram?
If you are having trouble uploading high-quality videos to Instagram, try the following quick troubleshooting tips.
Method #1: Rebooting Your Phone
The first fix you can try to resolve the issue on Instagram is to reboot your device in the following way.
- Hold down the power button on your mobile device.
- In the power menu, tap “Restart”.
- Wait for your device to turn on before uploading the video again.
To reboot an iPhone, press and hold the volume + side buttons to access the power-off slider and drag the slider to turn the phone off. Now, press and hold the side button on the right side until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Method #2: Relaunching the Instagram App
Sometimes, a temporary glitch in the Instagram app can cause it to malfunction, resulting in failure to upload videos. To counter this issue, simply close the app on your device and relaunch it.
Method #3: Freeing Up the RAM
If you have many apps opened on your phone at once, you might have issues uploading your videos to Instagram. Therefore, close all the unnecessary apps and browser tabs, and see if this fixes the problem.
Method #4: Clearing the Instagram Cache
If your videos are not uploading in high quality to Instagram, clear the app cache in the following way.
- Launch Settings.
- Open “Apps”.
- Tap “Instagram”.
- Tap “Storage”.
- Tap “Clear cache”, open Instagram, and that’s about it!
Method #5: Updating the Instagram App
The Instagram app is often updated to resolve the bugs causing various issues. So if you are having trouble uploading videos, update the app by following these steps.
- Launch Play Store.
- Search “Instagram”.
- Tap “Update” if the option is available, and relaunch the app.
Method #6: Rebooting Your Router
If you are facing connectivity issues, reboot your Wi-Fi router with the following steps and try uploading videos to Instagram again.
- Unplug the Wi-Fi router and modem from the power source.
- Let the device rest for around 15-30 seconds.
- Plug the modem and router back into the power source one by one.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to upload high-quality videos to Instagram. We have also discussed a few ways to troubleshoot videos that fail to load to Instagram in detail.
Hopefully, your question is answered, and you can showcase all your video editing skills on the popular social media app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Image compression is the most frequent cause of quality loss on Instagram. To stop this from happening, reduce the image file size to lower than 30 MB, as that is the limit.