Are you looking to stay connected with your friends through Snapchat while using your Apple Watch? Luckily, this is possible to do so without much difficulty.
To use Snapchat on the Apple Watch, launch Siri and say, “Google Search”. After Siri’s response, say “Google.com” and tap “Open page”. Use dictation or scribble to type “Snapchat online” and tap on the first link. Log in with your credentials to view stories and browse Snapchat on your Apple Watch.
To make things easy for you, we’ve written an extensive guide on how to use Snapchat on an Apple Watch with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Features of Snapchat Available on Your Apple Watch
- Accessing Snapchat on Your Apple Watch
- Using Snapchat on Your Apple Watch
- Can’t Receive Snapchat Notifications?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Features of Snapchat Available on Your Apple Watch
Snapchat is a widely used social media app amongst people of all ages and helps people stay connected with one snap! The best part is that now you can connect and access the app on your wrist.
Although Snapchat is not available to download as a separate app on the Apple Watch, you can still use some of its features, like receiving notifications and watching your friends’ stories.
You can also navigate through the Snap Map and add new friends!
Accessing Snapchat on Your Apple Watch
If you’re struggling with accessing Snapchat on the Apple Watch, you can follow these steps to make the process easy.
- Connect your Apple Watch to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Hold down on the Digital Crown for a few seconds to launch Siri and say, “Google Search”.
- After Siri responds, say the words “Google.com”, scroll down, and tap “Open page”.
- Select the search bar and choose “Dictation” or “Scribble”.
- Speak or type the words “Snapchat Online” to view search results.
- Tap “Log in to Snapchat” to access it.
Using Snapchat on Your Apple Watch
Hopefully, you have accessed Snapchat on your gadget. However, if you are wondering how to use Snapchat on your Apple Watch, follow our 2 step-by-step methods to do this with minimal effort.
Method #1: Viewing Stories and Feed
To view your friends’ stories and browse through your Snapchat feed on Apple Watch, do these steps.
- Tap “Log in to Snapchat”.
- Use “Dictation” or “Scribble” to sign in with your credentials.
- You can now view your friend’s story and browse through the app.
Your Apple Watch should be from Series 4 or above for the above method to work.
Method #2: Taking Pictures
Do these steps to learn how to use the Apple Watch to take pictures on Snapchat.
- Connect your Apple Watch and iPhone by pairing them.
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone and adjust the camera’s angle per your preference.
- Set the Apple Watch to its default screen and rotate the Digital Crown to take a picture on Snapchat.
You can also set your Apple Watch on the “Music” control screen and rotate the Digital Crown to take a picture on Snapchat.
Can’t Receive Snapchat Notifications?
If you’re facing issues receiving Snapchat notifications on your Apple Watch, you can troubleshoot it with the following 2 step-by-step methods.
Method #1: Turning On Snapchat Notification Settings
To troubleshoot Snapchat notifications on Apple Watch, start by checking the notification settings with these steps.
Step #1: Check the Settings on Your iPhone
Open Settings on your iPhone, tap “Notifications”, scroll down, and tap “Snapchat”. Ensure that the toggle bar next to the “Allow notifications” option is green.
Step #2: Check the Settings on Snapchat
Launch Snapchat on your iPhone, tap your BitMoji icon on the top left, and select the gear icon to go to Settings. Tap “Notifications” and make sure the feature is turned on.
Step #3: Check the Settings on Your Apple Watch
Open Settings on your Apple Watch. Tap “Notifications”, scroll down, and choose “Mirror iPhone alerts from”. You will see a list of apps that have notifications enabled. Make sure that Snapchat Notifications are enabled.
Method #2: Resetting Your Apple Watch
If all settings are enabled, and you still face issues receiving Snapchat notifications, reset your Apple Watch with these steps.
- On the Apple Watch, launch Settings and tap “General”.
- Tap “Reset”.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” and type in the passcode to confirm your action.
- The Apple Watch will reset and be ready to set up again.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to use Snapchat on Apple Watch. We have also discussed accessing Snapchat on your Apple Watch, using it as a remote to take pictures, and explored a few troubleshooting methods to get the Snapchat notifications working again on your gadget.
Hopefully, your query has been answered in this article, and you can now remain in touch with your friends by viewing their Snap Story updates on your Apple Watch!
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, for privacy reasons, Snapchat does not allow you to view Snaps from any device except your smartphone. However, you can browse other features of Snapchat on your Apple Watch, such as viewing your friends’ and celebrities’ stories and navigating through the Snap Map.
Luckily, you can use your Apple Watch as a remote to answer calls you receive on Snapchat, just like you can use it to take pictures.
As no compatible version of Snapchat is available for the Apple Watch, you cannot reply to incoming messages or snaps.