If you are using any Apple product, an Apple Watch is an excellent accessory in your collection. It will serve as a great extension to your other Apple products and be used as a fitness tracker and a personal assistant.
You need to keep all parts of your Apple Watch clean, but your band takes priority because it directly affects your skin, thus sweat. So it is essential to clean your Apple Watch band regularly to avoid skin irritation and ensure comfort.
This article will tell you ways you can wash and clean the different materials of your Apple Watch band.
Tips to Clean and Dry Your Apple Watch Band
Whether or not you changed the band’s material that came with your Apple Watch, here are ways to clean the watch depending on the material.
Before washing, detach the band from the watch to prevent damage caused by the different cleaning materials.
Leather bands speak of class and comfort, but they are not the watch for your fitness tracking because they are not water-resistant. This is also why you can not wash your leather bands with water. You will need a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth.
- Lightly dampen your non-abrasive, lint-free cloth.
- Clean the leather band with a slightly damp cloth.
- Place in a dry, sunlight-free area and leave it to dry.
- Reattach the leather band to the watch when dry. And once in a while, apply leather balm to retain its flexible nature and radiant look.
Silicone bands are easy to clean because they are waterproof, so you do not have to worry about damaging them when cleaning them. They are the best to go for if you need a fitness tracker. You can easily clean it with soap and water.
- If you want to clean off sweat or do a light cleaning, take a non-abrasive, soft cloth and wipe the band with it.
- Mix mild hand soap with warm water for more intensive cleaning, and rinse the band.
- If there are stains on your silicone band, get Clorox. Take your non-abrasive cloth, add the Clorox solution, apply a little pressure on the stained area, and clean it. Clean with water afterward.
- Dry it with a soft cloth and reattach it.
Use only a tiny amount of the Clorox, and use it only when you have stains on the silicone band.
Wood bands are not as common as leather or silicone bands, but they are also easy to clean, though not water-resistant.
- Get your lint-free cloth.
- Add a little amount of water, and ensure you wring off as much water as possible.
- Clean your wood bands.
- Dry off and reattach.
Resin Bands are mostly as water-resistant as scratch-resistant, making cleaning them easy.
- Get a lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
- Dampen the cloth.
- Clean thoroughly.
- Clean off with a dry cloth.
Metal and Stainless Steel Bands
Even though metal bands can easily be scratched if you apply pressure, it has the same cleaning process as the stainless band.
- Use your lint-free, non-abrasive cloth to clean it.
- If there is a stain, slightly dampen the cloth and clean it off.
Be careful not to use chemicals on them because some chemicals can react with the metal/steel.
Nylon bands are comfortable to wear, and you do not have to worry if you sweat a lot because they are waterproof. All you need to clean it is water, soap, and soft cloth/ bristle.
- Mix your mild soap in the water.
- Get your soft cloth.
- Dip the soft cloth in the water and clean gently.
- If you are using a bristle, dampen the nylon band first, add little soap to the bristles, and gently scrub the nylon band.
- Wait till it dries off, or clean with a dry cloth and reattach.
Braided Solo Loop Bands
Braided solo loop bands are made with polyester yarn and silicone threads. It easily attracts dirt, so it needs to be cleaned regularly.
- Get a lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
- Slightly dampen the cloth.
- Clean the dirt off.
- Dry off and reattach it.
Cleaning off your Apple band wash is not a complicated process. No matter the material of the band, clean water, mild soap, and a soft cloth will clean off the dirt. You might require chemicals only when a strong strain is on the band.
When you get your Apple Watch or buy a new brand, ensure you know the material it is made of and the acceptable ways of cleaning it. Some bands come with manuals of materials to use or not use to clean them.
Detach the band before washing it and ensure it is dry before reattaching and wearing it.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Apple band watch stinks, it is a sign that it needs cleaning. The stink is caused by the buildup of bacteria and accumulated dried sweat. Clean your watch regularly.
And also, ensure the bands dry completely before you wear the watch again because this can also cause it to stink.
Alcohol is not necessary if you want to clean your band, except to disinfect it or get rid of stubborn stains. But do not use alcohol on leather and fabric bands.
Also, do not get highly concentrated alcohol that can damage the materials. You can use Clorox, 70% isopropyl wipe, or 75% ethyl alcohol wipe.
Some of the bands are not waterproof, so you can not wash them in a washer. But the waterproof bands made of materials like nylon, silicone, and the like can be washed in a washer.