As streaming services become more and more popular, we get used to watching our favorite TV shows without any ads interrupting.
That said, going back to watching live TV may be inconvenient with the countless commercials we get every five minutes of a show.
That’s where Philo comes in handy. Philo allows you to watch more than sixty live TV channels without any interruption. And despite all that, its monthly subscription is very affordable.
Stick around to learn how to watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
Unfortunately, there isn’t a way for you to add Philo directly to your Samsung Smart TV since it’s not compatible with Samsung TVs.
Don’t be discouraged, though! Even if you can’t add it directly to the TV, there are multiple ways you can still enjoy Philo on your Samsung TV! You’ll just need a couple of external devices.
We’ve compiled four ways to watch Philo on your Samsung Smart TV!
Connecting Your Samsung Smart TV to a Roku Device
The first way you can watch Philo on your Samsung TV is by connecting to a Roku device. It can be either a Roku stick or a setup box. Whichever one you own should do the job perfectly!
All you’ll need to do is follow these steps, and you’ll be able to watch Philo on your Samsung TV without any issues.
- Plug your Roku device into the HDMI port in your TV. Use an HDMI cable if you’re using a setup box, and if you’re using the Roku stick, you can plug it in directly.
- Turn on your TV and connect to a WiFi network.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Click on Streaming Channels.
- Type Philo in the search bar.
- Philo should show up in the list of results. You can click on it, and press Add Channel.
By doing this, Philo should start downloading on your Roku device. You’ll be able to launch the app once it’s done.
All you’ll need to do now is sign in to your Philo account and enjoy the different channel options available for your viewing!
Watching Philo Through Chromecast
Another way you can enjoy Philo on your Samsung TV is by connecting it to a Chromecast. This works by having a mobile or tablet as a mirroring device.
First, before you can start viewing Philo, you’ll need to set up the Chromecast. To do that, follow these steps:
- Plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port on your smart TV.
- If you own an Android device, go to Google Play Store and download Google Home.
- If you own an iOS device, search for Google Home on the AppStore.
- Log into Google Home using your Google account.
- Inside the Google Home app, click on the Add.
- Click on Set Up Device.
- Tap on New Device.
- Follow the instructions
Once you’re done with the setup, you can now use your Android or iOS device to download the Philo app. Do that by searching on either the Google Play Store or AppStore and then pressing on the ‘Install’ button beside the app.
When the Philo app is done downloading, you can launch it. Log in to your Philo account or sign up for a new one.
Once you’re done, and inside the app, you can go ahead and open any of the channels you’d like to watch. You’ll find a little square icon on the top right of the screen. Clicking on it should open up a list of devices. Simply choose your TV.
Now you should be able to enjoy Philo on your Samsung Smart TV! Just Make sure that your TV is on the same HDMI channel as the one you plugged the Chromecast in, or the video might not show!
How to Use Fire Stick to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
Another way you can watch Philo is by connecting the Fire Stick to your Samsung TV.
You can do that by following these steps:
- Plug your Fire Stick into the TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect to a WiFi network
- Log in to your Amazon account for your Fire Stick to work.
- Open the Fire Stick’s home screen.
- Type Philo in the search bar. Access it by tapping on the Search icon.
- Philo will show up on a list. You can go ahead and install it now.
- After it’s done downloading, you’ll be able to find the Philo app in the Apps and Channels menu.
You can now open up Philo, log in to your Philo account or register for a new one, and access all the Philo channels on your Samsung TV!
Connecting Your Apple TV to Your Samsung Smart TV
The fourth and final way you can try to watch Philo on your Samsung TV is by connecting your Apple TV to it — assuming you have one. You can do that by following these few simple steps:
- Connect your Apple TV to your Samsung TV by plugging in an HDMI cable to both TVs.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and set it on the same HDMI channel as the one you plugged the Apple TV into.
- Switch on the Apple TV home page.
- Click on App Store.
- Search for Philo using the search bar.
- Click on the Get button beside the Philo app.
Once the download is complete, you can launch the Philo app through your Apple TV and watch it on your Samsung Smart TV!
Despite Philo being a popular live TV streaming service, it’s not compatible with any Samsung Smart TV. Fortunately, though, there are multiple ways where you could still enjoy Philo on your Samsung TV without any issues.
Whichever way you choose to go, be it Chromecast, Fire TV stick, or Roku device, at the end of the day, you’ll be able to watch your favorite channels without commercial interruptions!