I bet you have noticed that your AirPods fall off often, and you are wondering what to do to get them to stay in your ears for as long as you want?
This article will help you wear your AirPods Pro properly so that they stop falling off and you do not stand the risk of losing $249.
Care to read? Let us dive in.
Apple’s AirPods Pro is the only in-ear headphones with active noise cancellation that constantly adapts to the shape of your ear and the fit of the ear tips. Apple built them to block out noise from the world so you can enjoy what you are listening to.
This revolutionary technology costs more than $200, and many users have reported that they fall off often. Should we say there is a fault in the manufacturing process, or what causes this problem? And if it is a fault of the manufacturers, why has Apple not redesigned the AirPods Pro?
Why Do AirPods Pro Fall off Easily?
AirPods Pro often falls off because of external forces and physical turbulence the user is experiencing. Several users try to keep their AirPods on them while they dress up. Your AirPods will keep falling off in situations like this. We recommend you fit them properly or remove them for a couple of minutes to prevent them from falling off unawares.
This is pretty obvious, is it not? If your AirPods do not fit into your ears tightly as they should, they will keep falling off. How do you take care of a wrong fit? I can not just return my AirPods, right? Well, there are things to do in situations like this. Read on to find out.
Now that we have considered some factors that affect one of Apple’s most sophisticated accessories, the AirPods Pro. Let us dive into the measures you can take against your AirPods falling off.
How Can I Wear My AirPods Pro so That They Do Not Fall off Easily?
Do you remember the “wrong fit” point I made on why your AirPods Pro could fall off? According to research, this is the reason AirPods Pro falls off their users’ ears.
One of the technicalities of the AirPods Pro is that it comes with three different silicone ear tips. The AirPods Pro comes with large, medium, and small ear tips. According to Apple, their default configuration is the medium-sized silicone ear tip.
This configuration is a problem because it does not cater to users with large or small ears. These users will have hard times using their AirPods because they will keep falling off.
However, Apple provided three (3) sizes of silicone ear tips. Most users have issues because they do not know how to change and configure their ear tips to fit their ears. This is what we will address next.
How To Check and Configure the AirPods Pro Silicone Ear Tips?
- Check the size of the silicone ear tips on your AirPods Pro by flipping the tips. You will see a letter behind the ear tips. That letter represents the size of the silicone ear tips.
- Ensure the letter aligns with the black vent behind the pods.
- Turn the tips if the letter is not in line with the black vent. You will hear a click sound when the letter and the black vent align.
- Pull your ears backward and upward.
- Insert the AirPods Pro into your ears.
At this stage, the next thing to do is the Ear Tip Fit Test on your iPhone. See how below:
- Go to Bluetooth > Settings.
- Select the info button next to your AirPods.
- Click Ear Tip Fit Test.
- Select Continue.
- Hit the play button on the screen.
The result of the test will determine the next thing to do. But in case the Ear Tip Fit test fails, change the silicone ear tips by following these steps:
- Pull the ear tips till they detach from the AirPods.
- Pick the ear tip that is your ear size from the AirPods’ box.
- Place the ear tip on the oval connector on the AirPods.
- Push the ear tip till you hear a click sound.
Finally, the Ear Tip Fit test can fail even after following the steps above. In case yours fails too, we recommend that:
- Get the extra small ear tip.
- Use different sizes of ear tips for both AirPods.
- Get the AirPods Pro memory foam tips instead of the silicone ear tips.
Great job there! Thanks for reading through this article on how to wear your AirPods Pro. We have detailed all the ways to wear AirPods Pro. Once you follow them through, you should be able to wear your AirPods Pro with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike the AirPods Pro, Apple did not build other AirPods to sit too deep in our ears. Your ears hurt because you insert your AirPods too deep into your ears. Ensure you do not place them too far, and the hurting will stop.
Yes, you can use your AirPods without ear tips. We recommend against this because the ear tips are responsible for the noise cancellation effect of AirPods Pro.