In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of running AnyDesk before login on Ubuntu 18.04. AnyDesk is a remote desktop software that allows you to connect to a computer remotely, either from another system or from your own. This can be particularly useful in a variety of scenarios, such as remote troubleshooting, remote work, or even just accessing your personal computer from a different location.
Yes, it is possible to run AnyDesk before login on Ubuntu 18.04. There are two methods you can use: using the network info option or setting up auto-login and automatic lock.
Before we begin, make sure you have the following:
- An Ubuntu 18.04 system
- AnyDesk installed on your system. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download it from the official AnyDesk website.
Method 1: Using Network Info
The first method involves using the network info option in Ubuntu. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the network symbol at the top of the page and select “Show network info”.
- Close the window that appears.
- The AnyDesk window should now disappear, allowing you to log in remotely.
Method 2: Using Auto-login and Automatic Lock
The second method involves setting your account to auto-login and then using an automatic lock. Here’s how to do it:
- Set your account to auto-login. You can do this by going to “System Settings” > “User Accounts” and toggling the “Automatic Login” switch.
- Use an automatic lock after login. You can use tools like
xtrlockor other options. Here’s how to install and use
xtrlockby running the following command in the terminal:
This command uses the
sudo apt-get install xtrlock
apt-getpackage manager to install the
sudocommand is used to run the command with root privileges.
- After installation, you can lock your screen by running the following command:
This command runs the
xtrlockprogram, which locks your screen.
If you’re not satisfied with the above methods or if they don’t work for your specific situation, you can consider the following alternative options:
- XRDP: XRDP is a remote desktop protocol that allows you to connect to a remote system. You can refer to this guide for instructions on setting up XRDP.
- Other screen sharing options: There are several other screen sharing options available for Ubuntu, such as TeamViewer, VNC (Virtual Network Computing), and Remmina. You can explore these options and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Running AnyDesk before login on Ubuntu 18.04 can be achieved in a few different ways. Depending on your specific needs and system configuration, you can choose the method that works best for you. Whether you’re using the network info option, setting up auto-login and automatic lock, or exploring alternative options like XRDP or other screen sharing tools, you have plenty of options to choose from.
Yes, AnyDesk is compatible with multiple operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Yes, AnyDesk offers both free and commercial licenses. The free license is for personal use, while the commercial license allows you to use AnyDesk for business purposes.
Yes, AnyDesk uses encryption technology to ensure secure connections. It also offers features like two-factor authentication and access control to enhance security.
You can download the AnyDesk installation package from the official AnyDesk website (https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux). Once downloaded, you can install it using the package manager or by running the installation command provided on the website.
Yes, AnyDesk provides a feature called "AnyDesk Address" that allows you to connect to a remote computer using a unique ID instead of an IP address. This ID is generated by AnyDesk and can be shared with the remote user to establish a connection.
Yes, AnyDesk supports file transfer between the local and remote computer. You can simply drag and drop files between the two systems during a remote session.
Yes, AnyDesk supports NAT traversal, which allows you to connect to a computer behind a firewall or router. However, you may need to configure port forwarding on the router for optimal connectivity.
Yes, AnyDesk provides various customization options. You can adjust display settings, audio settings, keyboard shortcuts, and more through the AnyDesk settings menu.
Yes, AnyDesk supports remote printing. You can print documents from the remote computer to a local printer connected to your system.
Yes, AnyDesk has mobile apps available for both Android and iOS devices. You can download the app from the respective app stores and use it to connect to remote computers from your mobile device.