Cash App is arguably the most popular peer-to-peer mobile payment service. Including minimal fees, a free debit card, and a speedy direct deposit, the Cash App has several benefits over conventional banking accounts.
A direct deposit is a digital money transfer from one banking service to another. We know that Cash App is speedy compared to other payment services, but when does Cash App direct deposit hit?
Depending on the schedule of the transferring bank and the weekday on which the transaction is made, Cash App direct deposits can take anywhere from 1 to 5 days to hit your account. It usually hits around 12:30 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) or 7:30 AM. However, it may take longer if the payment is initiated on weekends, holidays, or just before weekends.
In this article, I’ll talk in detail about the Cash App direct deposit schedule and in what cases it can arrive late.
Time Frame for Cash App Direct Deposit
The time your direct deposit arrives depends on the initiation date and the time it takes your bank to process it. Generally, your bank can process your direct deposit for a few hours to several days. Also, if the payment was initiated on weekends or holidays, it can add several days to the direct deposit processing time.
The direct deposit can take anywhere from 1 day to 5 days at max to process your direct deposit. If you don’t receive it within 5 days, try contacting the Cash App customer care service. As for the time frame, direct deposits usually hit somewhere around 12:30 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) or 7:30 AM.
Reasons for Late Direct Deposits
As discussed earlier, in most cases, direct deposits take a few hours to hit your account. However, other things factor in that can delay your payment. These can be the possible reasons for the delay.
- Initiation Date: At times, the direct deposit is initiated on weekends or holidays. The thing is, the banks in the USA don’t process deposits on weekends and holidays. Consequently, your direct deposit will have to wait for a working day to hit your account.
- Security Issues: A transaction proceeded or preceded by a number of failed transactions, or other such patterns can be deemed suspicious by your bank, particularly if you don’t have a verified Cash App account. In such cases, your bank can hold your payments for protection purposes. You can contact and verify your deposit in such cases.
- Server Problems: Sometimes, the Cash App or your bank’s server is down because of a higher-than-usual number of payment processing requests. It is sometimes the case at the start of the new month.
- ACH Protocol: Cash App deposits the amount to your saving account. The transaction follows the ACH protocol, which can take additional processing time. Consequently, it adds a delay in delivering the deposit amount.
Set Up a Direct Deposit With Cash App
If you have been wondering how to set up a Cash App direct deposit in the first place, I’ll take you through the straightforward and easy way. Make sure you already have your Cash Card set up. Without it, you won’t be able to process any direct deposits. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Cash App on your device.
- Tap on the “Profile” tab on the top-left.
- Scroll down to the “Funds” pile.
- Tap on the “Cash” option.
- Scroll down to the “Direct Deposit” section.
- Tap on the “Get Account Number” option. In the next tab, tap “Enable Account”.
- You will see a routing and an account number in the “Direct Deposit” section. You can go on to fill out the “Direct Deposit Form” and email it to your employer.
By any means, you will need to communicate these numbers to your employer or anyone you want to receive money from.
Once you have an activated cash card, you can deposit as much as $25,000 per direct deposit. Moreover, the daily direct deposit is $50,000 in a 1-day time. So, if your business deals with amounts less than this, Cash App is a great option. Keep in mind that these are tentative and may change in the future.
In short, a direct deposit will take 1 to 5 days to hit your account. Generally, it takes a few hours at most. But at times, due to security issues, server problems, holidays, or the added processing time, the deposit can get delayed. As for the time frame, direct deposits usually hit somewhere around 12:30 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) or 7:30 AM.