Are you using an iPad to access the Apple Books app but don’t know where the audiobooks are saved in it? Well, the good news is that figuring this out is very straightforward.
To find where the audiobooks on your iPad are, launch the Apple Books app, open the “My Books” tab, and select “Audiobooks” at the top to access them.
To answer your question, we have written a comprehensive guide on where the audiobooks are on your iPad with easy instructions. We will also discuss what to do if you can’t play audiobooks on your iOS device.
- Finding Audiobooks on Your iPad
- Purchasing Audiobooks on Your iPad
- Fixing Audiobooks Playback Issues on Your iPad
- Frequently Asked Questions
Finding Audiobooks on Your iPad
If you don’t know where the audiobooks are on your iPad, follow our 3 simple step-by-step methods to find it out with minimal effort.
Method #1: Finding Your Audiobooks
You can easily find audiobooks on your iPad on the Apple Books app with the following steps.
- Launch the Apple Books app on your iPad and tap your profile icon.
- Tap “My Purchases”.
- Tap “Audiobooks”.
A list of all the audiobooks that have been purchased from Apple iTunes will appear. Tap the cloud icon next to the audiobooks not currently on your iPad to download them.
Method #2: Finding Unpurchased Audiobooks
If you want to find an audiobook that you haven’t previously purchased, you can find it in the audiobook library with these steps.
- Launch Apple Books.
- Select “Audiobooks” at the bottom.
All audiobooks available on the Apple Store will be displayed to you. You can search for a particular audiobook written by an author using the search field.
Method #3: Finding Audible Audiobooks
If you’re wondering where the Audible audiobooks on your iPad are, follow the steps given below to find them.
- Launch the Audible app on your iPad.
- Tap the “Library” tab.
- Tap “Titles” at the top and select “Downloaded”.
All your downloaded audiobooks from the Audible app will be displayed; simply tap one to start listening.
Purchasing Audiobooks on Your iPad
If you don’t know how to purchase an audiobook on your iPad, follow our easy steps to accomplish this task with minimal effort.
- Open Apple Books.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap “Audiobooks”.
- Search for the audiobook you want to download.
- Tap the book and tap its price.
- Tap “Buy Audiobook” and enter your Apple ID password to purchase it.
If you don’t have a particular audiobook in mind, you can also tap “Browse Sections” and explore your favorite genres. Apple Books also allows you to listen to a snippet from an audiobook before you decide to buy it by selecting it and tapping “Preview”.
Fixing Audiobooks Playback Issues on Your iPad
There are multiple reasons why an audiobook might not play on your iPad, and here’s how you can troubleshoot them.
Method #1: Force Close Apple Books
If an audiobook suddenly stops playing on your iPad, you can force-close the Apple Books app with the following steps.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display all open apps.
- Swipe up the Apple Books app to force close it.
- Restart your iPad by pressing the power button and dragging the slider to the right.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and turn on the device again by pressing and holding the power button.
- Open the Apple Books app, play an audiobook, and see if this fixes the problem.
Method #2: Logging In With Your Apple ID Again
Another quick way to troubleshoot audiobook playback issues on your iPad is by logging out and back into your Apple ID with these steps.
- Launch Apple Books.
- Tap the “Reading Now” tab and your profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down, tap “Sign Out”, and close the Apple Books app.
- Wait a few minutes before opening the app again and log in with your Apple ID.
- Let all the audiobooks load first, and try playing one again to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method #3: Reinstalling Apple Books
To fix the audiobook playback issues on your Apple Books app, try uninstalling and reinstalling it on your iPad using the following steps.
- Tap and hold the Apple Books app icon on your iPad Home screen.
- Tap “Delete App”.
- Install the Apple Books app from the App Store again.
- Sign in with your credentials and try playing audiobooks again.
In this guide, we have discussed different methods to find audiobooks on your iPad. We have also discussed purchasing an audiobook on Apple Books and a few troubleshooting methods to fix audiobook playback issues.
Hopefully, your question is answered, and you can enjoy listening to good literature on your iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apple Books is available to download on the App Store for free. However, you will need to spend money if you want to buy eBooks or audiobooks from their library.