Samsung phones are famous for their classic, streamlined design and dynamic Android OS. They also have a built-in clipboard that plays a critical role when copying or editing texts, links, or images. Unfortunately, this feature is not like a regular app. Locating the clipboard features on your phone can be an annoying task for anyone.
The clipboard location may vary slightly depending on the Samsung phone model. In general, there are three locations where you may find it. The first is to tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the keyboard. The second, find it on the “Edge Screen.” And lastly, tap and hold the text entry area and choose “clipboard” from the menu.
So, where is the clipboard on my Samsung Phone? and how to find it?. Well, we’ve explained these in detail below. So, keep reading to know where and how to locate the clipboard on your Samsung phone.
3 Locations to Find the Clipboard on Your Samsung Phone
Here are some step-by-step tricks that you can do to find the location of the clipboard on the Samsung phone. Once you find it, that would be very useful for copying and pasting a text.
Location #1: Find the Clipboard on the Edge Screen
Find the clipboard on the Edge Panels if you’re using the latest models of Samsung Galaxy, including Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, etc. However, you’ll need to enable the Edge Panels before accessing the clipboard. How do you do that? Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Choose the “App” option and then “Display.”
- Select and enable “Edge Screen.”
- Once you turn on the “Edge Panels,“ click on the “Edge Panels” text itself for customization.
- You’ll see different options, including Clipboard, Music, App, Tasks, People, Smart Select, etc.
- Choose “Clipboard” from the list to access it right from the Edge screen.
- Swipe left the Edge screen indicator on the right-hand side of the screen to view the clipboard.
Location #2: Find the Clipboard Within the Keyboard
Perhaps using the Edge Panels is somewhat complicated for you. Don’t worry, and you can also access the clipboard within the keyboard of your Samsung phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open a text message app like Message App, Notepad, etc.
- You should see three dots on the top-right section of your keyboard. Tap on the dots.
- You’ll have many options from there; clipboard, search, modes, text editing, etc.
You’ll need to add the clipboard to your Samsung phone keyboard to use it effectively. Tap and drag the “Clipboard” to the top. That’s it!
Location #3: Find the Clipboard in the Text Entry Area
The text area is the most basic location to find the clipboard on your Samsung phone. It’s also the easiest way to access the clipboard feature. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Message app and try creating a new message
- Tap and hold onto the text entry area.
- There are options when the menu pops up. You can paste the text by selecting the “Clipboard” option.
We have described three locations to find the clipboard feature on your Samsung phone above. The first location is at the Edge screen of your Samsung phone. Then, the second location is within the keyboard by tapping on the three dots on the top-right section. Third, you may also find the clipboard in the text entry area using the tap and hold method.
We hope you can now find this essential feature on your phone easily. Please find more info in our FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Android phones can cut, copy, and paste things just like computers. The Android OS transfers it to the clipboard when you cut or copy something. However, when you copy new data, the old one gets lost.
The clipboard is a temporary memory or storage area that saves small data. You can’t access or open it directly as it’s not a real app. You can retrieve items dedicated to the clipboard by long-pressing a text entry area (blank area) and choosing the “Paste” option.
Tap on the clipboard icon. Once the clipboard opens, you’ll see the recently copied item at the top of the list. You can paste it into the text field of your choice from there. Your Android phone saves information to the clipboard only for a specific period.
1. Open a text app like Notes to paste a text from the clipboard.
2. Tap and hold the text entry area for other options.
3. Choose “Clipboard.”
4. Scroll down to find everything you’ve recently saved.