If you are one of the many people who use the Verizon service, you could have faced a few issues with the Verizon router. If so, you might be thinking of a way to return the hardware to Verizon.
To return the Verizon router, pack all the components, including the power cords, digital adapter, remote controllers, etc., in a box and apply the return label you received during the installation process to the outer side of the package. Head to the nearest UPS store and drop the box there. You can also return the parcel directly to a Verizon FIOS store.
We have compiled a comprehensive guide for you explaining why and where to return the Verizon router and some fixes before giving your router back.
Reasons To Return a Verizon Router
Some reasons compelling users to return their Verizon router are given below.
- You cannot turn on the router device.
- You are facing internet connectivity issues.
- You have received a damaged package.
Returning a Verizon Router
If you’re wondering where to return the Verizon router, our 2 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much trouble.
Method #1: Using UPS Mail
Using these steps, you can return your Verizon router quickly via UPS Mail.
If you are unaware of the nearest UPS store, visit the Verizon official website and use the online store finder to find the store near you.
- Gather and pack your Verizon router’s parts, including the cables, remote control, etc., in a box.
- Apply the return label to the outside of the box.
- Go to the nearest UPS store and drop the box there for shipping.
- Keep the UPS tracking code you receive in a safe place.
When you install the Verizon internet at your place, the company also provides you with a return kit containing pre-paid shipping label/return label you might need in the future. If you can’t find the label, you can contact Verizon customer service and ask for a new one.
Method #2: Returning to the Store Directly
You can also return the Verizon router directly to the Verizon FIOS Store with the below steps.
- Pack all the components, i.e., remote control, cables, digital adapters, etc., in a box.
- Head to a Verizon store near your place.
- Provide your original receipt or receipt of the store where you bought the router to the representative.
- Provide your name, address, phone number, date of purchase, and the router’s serial number to the customer representative.
- You will receive an authorization number from Verizon while providing all the information.
- Once the number is received, leave the box at the store for further processing.
- You will receive the refund amount in your account minus the return fees when the return process completes.
One problem with the direct return method is that not all stores accept return packages. To avoid any issues, it’s better to call the Verizon customer service representative and enquire about the store near you that accepts returns.
Fixing Verizon Router Issues To Avoid Return
Before sending the Verizon router back, you can try the following 3 step-by-step methods to resolve the issue at home.
Method #1: Restarting the Router
The first thing you can do to fix internet connectivity problems with your Verizon router is to restart the device with these steps.
- Unplug the Verizon Fios router from the primary power source.
- Wait for a few minutes to let the device refresh its settings.
- Plug the router back and try connecting to the internet again.
Method #2: Resetting the Router
Resetting is something you can try to fix a few bugs and issues you are facing with the Verizon router.
- Find the red reset hole at the back of your router.
- Insert a pin into the hole to restore it to the factory settings.
- Wait for a few minutes until the router restarts.
- Once done, connect to the internet using your PC or mobile phone.
Method #3: Updating the Router Firmware
To resolve the Internet speed, Wi-Fi signal strength, or other issues with your Verizon router, you can update its firmware with these steps.
- Open a browser on your PC and go to “https://192.168.1.1/#/advanced/fwupgrade”.
- Sign in by putting “admin” in the username section and use the password printed on the router.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the router firmware successfully.
You can also update your Verizon router by performing a reset using the reset hole at its back.
If none of these solutions work for you and you are still unable to turn the router on or face internet connectivity issues, it’s better to return your Verizon router with our methods explained above in the article.
In this guide on where to return the Verizon router, we have explored multiple methods you can use to return your router. We have also looked into some reasons leading to a giveback and how you can quickly fix the issues with your router to avoid a return.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now get your hands on a perfectly working Verizon router.