The Ping Test
Sorry, but we couldn't find any servers near your location.
Please try again later.
Tutorial – Using The Ping Tester
Testing your ping (or latency) with our ping tester is super simple. You can test your ping with over 20 servers worldwide with a single click.
Step 1. Make sure you first close any applications that might be slowing down your internet connection and thus affecting your ping.
Step 2. Click the “Start Ping Test” button on the left to being the test.
Step 3. After a few moments, you should see a list of servers that we attempted to ping from your machine, along with the latency they had.
If you wish, you can retest your ping again by clicking the “Test Your Ping Again” button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find common questions and answers about latency/ping.
What is my ping?
Your ping is the shortest possible time it takes to send data and receive a response. To test your ping, we send empty requests to servers from all over the world. When we receive a response, we measure the time it took, and that is your ping.
Ping is important in competitive computer games, such as Fortnite, League of Legends (LoL), PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). You can test your ping to different servers for Fortnite, LoL and PUBG using the tool above.
Why is my ping so high?
There are many possible reasons why your ping might be high:
- You are geographically located far from the test location (for example, United States vs. Europe)
- You have a slow internet speed
- Your router is getting old
- Your firewall is poorly configured
- There are many devices (such as other computers, TVs) using the same connection as you, thus slowing down your connection speed
- The quality of your internet service provider is poor
How to fix high ping and lower your ping?
Here are some things you can do to lower your ping:
- Close any applications and web browser tabs that you aren’t using
- Disconnect other devices (computers, laptops, TVs) from the same network as you
- Update your computer’s operating system and network card drivers, you can use DriverBooster to automatically handle updating drivers for you
- Run an internet speed test to make sure your connection is sufficiently fast
- Use a cable instead of a wireless connection
- Select a server closer to your geographical location
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to see if they can fix your ping
- Get a PingBooster, which can help improve your ping
What is a good ping?
Ping doesn’t matter for regular web browsing. However, for competitive gaming, anything below 50ms is considered a good ping, and anything over 100ms is too high for competitive gameplay. Lower ping equals a better gaming experience.