In the past, Apple was rigid and didn’t allow users to customize the home screen as they saw fit to match their preferences. However, this is no longer the case, and you now have total freedom over your iPhone and can personalize it as you wish. This includes adding your name to your iPhone’s home screen.
But how can you add your name to your iPhone’s home screen? This is a question asked by many iOS users because customizing the home screen is quite common today.
Fortunately, you can follow these easy-to-follow steps when adding your name to your iPhone home screen.
1. Choose an image that fits the dimensions of your iPhone screen.
2. Launch a blank document or picture using the image editing software.
3. Go to the lower-middle part of the picture and write down your name using the image editor’s tool.
4. Save and export the picture in PNG or JPG format.
5. Transfer this picture to your iPhone.
6. Launch the Settings app, go to “Wallpaper”, and click “Choose a New Wallpaper”.
7. Select the picture you’ve transferred into your iPhone and adjust it to fit perfectly.
8. Select the option to use the image as the home screen to display your name.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to easily add your name on the home screen of your iPhone. Continue reading to get a more comprehensive idea of how to add your name to your iPhone home screen. Let’s get started.
Steps To Add Your Name on Your iPhone Home Screen
An effective method of adding your name to your iPhone home screen is using an image editing software such as Photoshop, which can run on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. You can also use Microsoft Paint on a laptop running on Windows.
After selecting the image editing software you want, these are the steps to follow to add your name to your iPhone home screen.
- Select a picture that fits perfectly on your iPhone’s screen dimension to make positioning your name easier.
- Open the blank document or picture using the image editing software. You can resize or crop this photo to match your iPhone’s screen.
- Go to the lower-middle section of the picture and add your name. You can also add other personal information, such as your phone number and email address. Once done, use the image editor to draw a box and add a darker color to the space within this box.
- Write down your name using the image editor tool. Ideally, you should use a lighter color so the text is visible and easy to read.
- Save this wallpaper once you’re happy with it and export this image to your iPhone. Ideally, the perfect picture should be in PNG and JPG format, as these are supported on iOS devices.
- Use a USB cable to transfer the picture into your iPhone. Alternatively, you can send it via email or apps such as Messages and Dropbox.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and click “Wallpaper”. After that, select the option “Choose a New Wallpaper”.
- Choose the picture by locating it on your iPhone. Make sure the image fits perfectly on your iPhone’s screen, and you can do this by using your iPhone’s in-built controls.
- Once you’re done with adjusting this picture, click on “Set” to confirm your choice.
- After you’re done, your iPhone will allow you to use this picture on your home screen, lock screen, or both. Go ahead and select a home screen, lock screen, or both to see your name on the iPhone home screen.
iPhone Home Screen Dimensions
Before you choose an image, you’ll need to know iPhone screen sizes in pixels, and here’s a breakdown to guide you.
• iPhone 4 and 4s: 640 x 960.
• iPhone 3, 5c, 5s, and SE: 640 x 1136.
• iPhone 6, 6s, and 7: 750 x 1334.
• iPhone 6, 6s, and 7 Plus: 1080 x 1920
• iPhone 8: 750 x 1334.
• iPhone 8 Plus: 1080 x 1920.
• iPhone X: 1125 x 2436.
• iPhone XR: 828 x 1792
• iPhone XS: 1125 x 2436.
• iPhone XS Max: 1242 x 2488.
The newer iOS versions allow you to personalize your iPhone by providing customized themes and custom wallpaper options. Another handy feature is putting your name on the home screen. Besides adding a personal touch, doing this on your iPhone’s home screen and lock screen also boosts the chances of recovering your iPhone after misplacing it.
And when it comes to customization, your iPhone’s home screen is an integral component. There’s no better way to customize your iOS device than by adding your name to the home screen of your iPhone. If you don’t have a clue how this can be done, detailed in this post is an outline of how you can add your name to the iPhone home screen.