A single wrong tap by accident can immediately delete an important photo or file, leaving you wondering how to recover it. iPhone has a feature similar to Recycle Bin in Windows that keeps deleted photos and files saved for 30 days before permanently deleting them.
You can find the Recently Deleted folder on iPhone in Albums under the Photos app, or in the Notes folder menu. It is also possible to access deleted files and photos via iCloud.
We’ll discuss the benefits of having a Recently Deleted folder and where you will be able to find it with our step-by-step instructions.
- Why Is It Important To Have a Recently Deleted Folder
- Finding Recently Deleted Folder on iPhone
- Finding Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is It Important To Have a Recently Deleted Folder
There are multiple benefits of having a Recently Deleted folder. Let us discuss a few of them:
- To recover a photo or file you accidentally deleted.
- To have a backup if you change your mind after deleting a photo or file.
- To keep a photo you do not want to be displayed in the gallery.
Finding Recently Deleted Folder on iPhone
You can easily find the Recently Deleted folder on your iPhone using multiple methods. We’ll ensure that our step-by-step instructions will help you go through each process effortlessly.
We will also discuss where you can find permanently deleted photos on your iPhone. So without any delay, let’s head toward the three methods that can be followed to find the Recently Deleted folder on iPhone.
Method #1: Find Recently Deleted Folder in Albums
Photos deleted on iPhones running on iOS 9 or later operating system can be found in the “Recently Deleted” folder. They can be recovered from this folder within 30 days of deletion, or they can be permanently deleted.
You can follow the instructions below to find the folder in Albums:
- Go to the iPhone home menu.
- Click on the “Photos” app and tap “Albums”.
- A list of albums will be displayed, scroll down to the “Other Albums” section and click on “Recently Deleted”.
- All photos you deleted in the last 30 days will be displayed here.
- If you want to recover a photo, tap “Recover,” and your photo will be saved in “Photo Library”.
- If you want to permanently delete a photo, click “Delete”.
- After completing all the above steps, you will find the Recently Deleted folder successfully.
Method #2: Find Recently Deleted Folder in Notes
You will find a deleted Note in the “Recently Deleted” folder if it has been less than 30 days since you deleted it. Here is how:
- Open the “Notes” app and push the left arrow in the top left corner.
- Find the “Folders” menu and then click on “Recently Deleted”.
- If you want to recover a Recently Deleted Note, click on “Edit”.
- Next, tap on “Move to” and then click on “Notes” to restore it to the list with the rest of the Notes.
Method #3: Finding Recently Deleted Folder on iCloud
You can find and recover Recently Deleted files from iCloud drive and other apps on iCloud.com.
- Open “Safari” and type “iCloud.com”.
- Login to iCloud with your Apple iD and password.
- Click on “Recently Deleted” in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Select the file you want to recover or click on “Recover all” to recover everything.
Finding Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone
If you have permanently deleted an important photo on your iPhone without backup, you can still recover it using a third-party app called PhoneRescue. This app will work only if other data has not overwritten your photo.
In this guide on where is the Recently Deleted folder on iPhone, we have looked into the benefits of having a Recently Deleted folder and how you can easily find the folder on your iPhone.
We have also explored where you can find permanently deleted photos on your iPhone. We hope that one of the methods worked for you and you found the Recently Deleted folder. Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can recover deleted texts on your iPhone if your iPhone is set to backup to iCloud. Also, if your iPhone is set to backup to a Mac or a PC, you can restore your iPhone with that backup and recover deleted texts.
If this doesn’t work out, reach out to your phone carrier and request them to recover your deleted texts on your iPhone, as some service providers record your messages.
The first place you need to look for your deleted photos on a Windows Computer is the Recycle Bin.
Besides, you can retrieve the deleted photos from Backup as Windows operating system comes with a backup and recovery tool.