With billions of users spanning over 190 countries, Android is the most popular operating system and offers the latest features at cheaper rates than iOS devices. However, sometimes you may find some difficulties with these devices, including the inability to turn them off.
It is possible to turn off Android devices by pressing and holding the Power button for 5-7 seconds. If the Power button or touch is malfunctioning:
1) Connect the device to your PC and run the ADB command.
2) Schedule power-off timings.
3) Use third-party apps to shut down the Android device.
We have taken the time for you and compiled an extensive guide demonstrating some of the reasons and methods to turn off Android devices without a power button.
Reasons To Turn Off Android Without a Power Button
No one needs a tutorial to turn off their phone using the power button. However, there can be numerous reasons you need to shut down the phone without a power button. Some of these reasons can be:
- The power button is damaged or non-functional due to excessive use.
- Volume buttons are not working.
- The device’s screen is broken, and the touch is malfunctioning.
Turning Off Android Phone
Switching off an android phone doesn’t need a lot of work. However, our step-to-step instructions will guide you on different ways of doing this if the power button or touch malfunctions on your device.
So, without keeping you waiting, here are the three simple ways to turn off Android without touching the Power button.
Method #1: Using the ADB Command To Turn Off the Phone
The ADB strategy can allow you to switch off your phone when the touch is not functional. For running the
ADB command, you need a laptop or PC. Here is how you can turn off your Android phone without using the power and volume buttons:
- First, get the latest Android SDK platform tools for Windows, or install the ADB and Fastboot on your Mac.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone if you haven’t already, or skip this step if the touch is in horrible condition.
- Launch the Windows Command Prompt or Mac Terminal and use a USB cable to connect your android device to your PC.
- Now, execute the following
adb shell reboot –pcommand to turn off your Android phone.
- You will be able to power off your android device without using the Power button successfully. To restart your phone, use the
Method #2: Scheduling Power Off Time via Android Settings
Another method of powering off an Android phone is scheduling the power-off time via your device settings.
- Find “Settings” on your Android device and tap to open it.
- Tap on the “Search” bar and type “schedule” in it.
- You will find a list of all the items that can be scheduled.
- Choose the “Schedule Power on/off” option.
- Now, set the time when you want to switch on or off your device automatically.
Method #3: Using Third-Party Apps
Another easy alternative to switch off the android device is using a third-party application. Follow the steps below to get the app for turning off the phone:
- Go to the Play Store on your device and install the Power Menu app.
- Choose the “Take me to Settings” screen option.
- Grant permission to the app from the settings.
- Next, head back to the application and select the “Open Power Menu” option.
- Now, choose the power off option and shut down the phone.
If your device’s battery is low, you will not need to do anything, and it will power off automatically. You can turn it back on anytime by plugging it into the adapter.
Turning Off Android Tablet
You can easily shut down an Android tablet by pressing and holding the power button for 5 -7 seconds. However, if the device fails to turn off, continue pressing and holding the power button for more than 30 seconds for a force boot.
You can also install the Menu button app on your Android tablet to turn it off without using the Power button.
Go for a master reset if nothing else works out for you. However, ensure to back up all data before starting the reset process.
In this write-up on how to turn off an Android phone, we have explored multiple reasons compelling you to power off your android phone without a power button. We have also looked into shutting down the device using three different methods.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and now you don’t have to worry about powering off your android phone any longer. Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions
If the standard restart doesn’t work on your Android device, press and hold the power and volume down keys simultaneously for more than seven seconds to force restart your phone.