Do you want to hide some photos and videos from your Instagram account but don’t know how to archive them on your computer? Fortunately, archiving Instagram posts on a desktop is relatively easy with the help of a third-party app.
Archiving posts while using Instagram on a Windows or Mac computer browser is impossible. However, you can use an Android emulator on your computer and open Instagram from there to access its mobile version and hide posts quickly by navigating to your profile.
We took the time to write a comprehensive guide on archiving Instagram posts on your computer. We will also explore the process for viewing the hidden posts and unarchiving them.
- Archiving Instagram Posts
- Viewing Archived Instagram Posts
- Unarchiving Instagram Posts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Archiving Instagram Posts
If you want to archive Instagram posts on your PC or Mac, you have to install an Android emulator along with the mobile version of the Instagram app.
Here is the complete step-by-step method for this task.
Step #1: Install Bluestacks on Your Computer
To archive Instagram posts using your computer, you first need to install an Android emulator like Bluestacks to stimulate the Instagram mobile version in the following way.
Some common Android emulators are Nox player, LD player, Android Studio, MEmu, etc.
- Open a browser and go to the Bluestacks website.
- Click “Download Bluestacks”.
- Select the download location on your computer and click “Save”.
- Open the downloaded file and click “Yes” on the dialog box.
- Click “Install now” to begin the installation process.
After launching Bluestacks on your computer, you must first sign in with your Google account.
Step #2: Install Instagram on Your Computer
Now that you have installed Bluestacks, the next step is to download the mobile version of the Instagram app on your computer.
- Launch the Bluestacks app and type “Instagram” in the search bar in the upper-right corner.
- Click the Instagram app from the Bluestacks App Center.
- A Google Play Store window will open. Enter your Google account credentials and click “Install”.
Step #3: Archive Instagram Posts
After installing the Instagram app, you can easily archive posts on your computer by following these steps.
- Launch the Instagram app within the Bluestacks software.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Click your profile icon on the lower-left corner.
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner of the post you want to archive.
- Select “Archive” from the pop-up menu, and your post will be hidden from your feed.
While launching the mobile version of the Instagram app on your computer through Bluestacks, the window size reduces and becomes equal to the phone screen.
Viewing Archived Instagram Posts
If you want to view your hidden Instagram photos and videos, follow these steps on your computer.
- Download and install the Instagram app from any Android emulator on your PC or Mac, as mentioned in the above method.
- Launch the Instagram app within the Android emulator and log in.
- Click the profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Click the three lines in the upper-right corner.
- Click “Archive” from the menu.
Click “Stories Archive” from the top of the screen, and a drop-down menu will appear. You can choose “Posts” or “Live Archive” to view your archived posts.
Unarchiving Instagram Posts
If you change your mind, you can unarchive the hidden posts on your Instagram on a computer by following these steps.
Step #1: Install Instagram on Your Computer
Download and install the Instagram app from any Android emulator like Bluestacks on your PC or Mac. Refer to the method mentioned under the “Archiving Instagram Posts” section above.
Step #2: Open Archived Posts
Open the Instagram app within the Bluestacks software and enter your credentials to log in. Click your profile icon and select the three lines from the top-right corner.
Click “Archive” in the drop-down menu. All your archived stories will appear on the screen. Click “Stories Archive” from the top of the window and choose “Posts Archive” from the options.
Step #3: Unarchive Instagram Posts
Open the post you want to unarchive. Click the three dots from the top-right corner of the post. Click “Show on Profile”, and the post will appear on your Instagram profile again for others to see.
In this guide about archiving Instagram posts on a computer, we’ve discussed a simple method for hiding your posts from your feed. We’ve also discussed a method for unarchiving and viewing archived posts.
Hopefully, your question is answered in this article, and now you can easily hide specific posts using your Windows or Mac computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the archived posts are not deleted. They are made private and are only visible to you. The likes and comments are also not removed. Furthermore, you can unarchive the Instagram posts on your profile at any time.