Bose surround sound systems are one of those quality brands that make you feel the intensity of every sound that comes out of your speakers. All models are capable of producing quality sounds that make you feel like every sound coming out of the speakers is happening around you. From the screeching wheel sounds in your action movies to the cocking gun sounds in your video games, you have to love Bose surround sound system.
Unlike some brands, you can use your Bose surround sound speakers with any of the Bose surround soundbars. They are compatible with the Bose Soundbar 300, Bose Soundbar 500, Bose Soundbar 700, Bose Soundbar 900, and the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.
4 Ways To Hook Up Bose Surround Sound to Samsung Smart TV
After connecting your Bose surround speakers to a Bose Soundbar and setting up using the manual, it is now time to hook it up with your Samsung Smart TV. There are three straightforward methods to do this. You could use an HDMI port cable, auxiliary cable, or Bluetooth.
Connecting With HDMI Port Cable
The HDMI cable is the most commonly used digital cable for connection. To connect Bose surround sound to a Samsung Smart TV, do the following:
- Ensure your TV and Bose surround sound are turned off.
- Connect the HDMI “in” port to your Bose surround sound and the “out” port to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now turn on the two devices. Go to “Settings” on your Samsung TV and select “Source.”
- After selecting “Source,” select “Function” and choose the option to connect Bose surround sound and the TV.
Connecting With Bluetooth
The Bluetooth connection is a form of wireless connection. This means there would be no need for cables if you use this method.
- Press the “Pairing” button on the Bose Soundbar or the remote.
- Go to Settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select “Sources” in the settings.
- Select “Connection Guide.”
- A list of speakers will show on your TV screen. Search and choose your Bose Soundbar from this list.
Connecting With Optical Cable
- First, turn on the Bose surround sound and your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the “Source” button on the soundbar and set it to the “D.IN” setting.
- Connect the optical cable to the “Optical Out” port behind your Samsung Smart TV and connect the other end to the “Digital Audio In” port on the Bose surround sound.
- Go to “Settings” on the TV.
- Select “Sound” and then “Sound Output.”
- Lastly, select “Audio Out/Optical,” and you can now listen to your TV audio with the Bose surround sound.
Connecting With Auxiliary Cable
- Connect the one end of the auxiliary cable to the “Aux Input” port on the Bose Soundbar, and connect the other end to the “Aux Output” port on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Use the Bose Soundbar remote to select “Source Option” and select “Aux.”
- You can now turn on your TV sound to test.
The most common method to connect Bose surround sound to a smart TV is using the HDMI cable. This method is mainly used for older models of Bose surround sound. If you have the recent model of the Bose Soundbar, you may opt for the Bluetooth connection method to avoid wiring.
We’ve provided four methods to choose from. So, what method is it going to be?
Frequently Asked Questions
Bose surround speakers are designed to work with the Bose Soundbar systems; 300, 500, and 700.
No. The Bose Soundbar can only connect to a pair of surround speakers at a time.
The Bose surround sound speakers are considered wireless. Although, there is a wire that connects them to a power source.
No. You can only mount them on walls or use a floor stand.
Bose surround sound speakers are to be kept in the same room as the Soundbar.