Do you want to know if someone is using their iPhone? Luckily, many different methods exist to check when someone is active on their device.
You can tell if someone is active on their iPhone by checking the online status of the apps they use on their device. For example, if you are using iMessage, send a message to your contact. If the status of the message is “Delivered” and “Read”, the person is active on their iPhone.
We took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide to tell if someone is last active on their iPhone via iMessage and social media apps.
- Telling if Someone Is Active on their iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Telling if Someone Is Active on their iPhone
If you don’t know how to tell if someone is active on their iPhone, our following 4 step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Checking the iMessage App
These steps allow you to check if someone is active on their iPhone via the iMessage app.
Step #1: Enable the iMessage App
In the first step, you need to enable the iMessage app on your iPhone. To do this, launch the Settings app from your device’s Home screen. Scroll down and tap “Messages”. Tap the toggle next to iMessage to turn it on.
Now, you can send and receive messages via the iMessage app on your iPhone.
Step #2: Check if Someone Is Active on the iMessage App
After enabling the app, the next step is to check if your person of interest is active on the iMessage or not. Swipe left on the Home screen to open App Library on your iPhone and launch the iMessage app. Send a message to the person you want to check.
If the status of your message is “Delivered” and “Read”, it means the person is active on their iPhone.
If you send a text on the iMessage app and it appears blue, this means that the person is using the app. However, if the app is disabled on the receiver’s iPhone, the message appears in green color.
Method #2: Checking WhatsApp
Another way of checking if someone is active on their iPhone is via WhatsApp by doing these steps.
- Swipe left from the Home screen of your iPhone to open the App Library.
- Tap “WhatsApp”.
- Tap the contact whose online status you want to check.
- In the upper-left corner, just below the name, you will see “Online” if the person is currently active.
If your contact is offline but has turned on the “Last Seen” feature on WhatsApp, you can see when they were active last time. Also, you can see if they are typing or recording audio.
Method #3: Checking the Instagram App
You can also tell if someone is active on their iPhone by checking their status on the Instagram app.
- Launch the Instagram app from the App Library of your iPhone.
- Tap the message icon from the upper-right corner of the screen. You can also open the messages by swiping right from the main screen of the Instagram app.
- Find the contact you are looking for in the search bar.
- If that person is online, you will see a green dot on their profile picture.
If you don’t see the green dot on the profile picture, tap the contact to open your conversation. You can see activity status at the top of the screen, like “Active 2 hours ago”.
Method #4: Checking the Facebook Messenger App
Instead of using Instagram and WhatsApp, you can also use other social media apps to tell if someone is active on their iPhone.
Do these steps to check the status of a person on an iPhone using the Facebook Messenger app.
- Swipe left from the Home screen of your device to open App Library.
- Tap the Facebook Messenger app.
- In the “Chats” window, find your contact in the search bar.
- Your contact is active if a green dot appears next to their profile picture.
You can also check if your contact is online on Facebook Messenger by tapping the “People” icon at the bottom of the screen. Here, a list of all currently active people will appear.
In this guide on how to tell if someone is active on their iPhone, we’ve discussed simple methods for checking activity status via iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
Hopefully, your question is answered in this article, and you can now quickly check if a person is using their iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you are sharing your location with someone using the “Find My iPhone” feature, that doesn’t mean that you are currently active on your phone.