Are you new to Cash App and not sure about your PIN? Are you unable to make transactions due to a missing Cash App PIN? Are you confused between the Cash App and Cash Card PINs? Well, the answer is quite simple.
Your Cash App PIN is a number assigned to your Cash Card provided during the activation process. If you don’t know Cash App PIN or forgot your Cash App PIN, you can retrieve it by resetting the Cash App. iPhone users can use Touch ID to change or reset their Cash App PIN instantly.
The Cash App PIN and Cash Card PIN are the same, so you don’t have to change or reset them separately. You can use the same PIN to transact and withdraw cash from ATMs.
In this article, we will answer all of your questions, including what is my Cash App PIN. We will also reveal two easy methods to set a new Cash App PIN if you’ve forgotten your Cash App PIN.
What Is a Cash App PIN?
A Cash PIN consists of 4 to 6 numeric digits required for transactions through Cash App. You can also use this PIN to withdraw cash from ATMs and make in-store and online payments, and this PIN is necessary for any money transferring or withdrawals purposes.
Once you have activated the Cash App card after linking it with your Cash App, it will ask you to create a Cash App PIN. You can use this PIN for payment authorization and making transactions.
Setting a New Cash App PIN
If you’re asking yourself what your Cash App PIN is, there is a way to reset the old one; you can find this out by following our step-by-step 2 methods.
Method #1: Reset Cash App PIN
After performing identity verification, resetting your Cash App would allow you to set a new PIN. Follow this step-by-step process to make a new Cash App PIN.
- Open the Cash App on your phone and tap on the profile icon on the top left of the screen.
- Select the “Privacy & Security” option.
- Go to “Change Cash PIN” and select “Forget Cash PIN“.
- A verification code will be sent on your phone to enter the Cash App PIN.
- Once you have entered the verification code, Cash App will ask you to set a new PIN.
iPhone users can reset Cash App PIN with Touch ID instead of code verification. Therefore, ensure to enable Touch ID while setting up your Cash App account.
Method #2: Change Cash App PIN
This method only applies to iPhones because, on Android, you may have to enter the old Cash PIN to change it. Follow these steps to change your Cash App PIN instantly.
- Open the Cash App on your phone and tap on the profile icon.
- Go to the “Privacy & Security“> “Change Cash PIN“.
- Scan your registered finger on the Touch ID to verify your identity.
- Enter a new PIN and confirm to save changes.
You have successfully changed the Cash App PIN. You can change Cash App PIN as many times as you want.
Under What Scenarios Should You Reset a Cash App PIN?
Cash App ensures the security factor and allows to reset the Cash App after verifying authenticity. However, you should reset the Cash App PIN under the following conditions.
- You might have granted access to someone else by sharing your Cash App PIN or Cash App account for a while.
- Suppose you are not able to remember your previous Cash App PIN. This is probably the most commonly occurred scenario.
- There could be a glitch or error in the transaction even if you have entered the correct PIN. Under such conditions, you can safely change it. If you don’t remember the old PIN, reset Cash App PIN to set a new one.
To make your Cash App account more secure, enable a Cash App security lock.
In this guide on what is my Cash App PIN, we provided you with complete insights on how you can safely set up a new PIN if you don’t remember the old one.
Cash App PIN provides an extra layer of security to ensure safe peer-to-peer transactions and Cash withdrawals through ATMs. Ensure to take all the security measures by enabling channels for changing or resetting the PIN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Someone could get access to your name under Cash App threads and send you a fake email, text, or call asking you for the code or the PIN. Remember, Cash App representatives never ask you for these detail, so be wary when you get contacted by such scammers.