Brightness matters – whether when watching a movie or viewing a file. Turning it up a notch on an HP laptop has never been difficult.
You can turn up or adjust the brightness in multiple ways on an HP laptop by using System Settings, Fn key, Action Center, Battery Icon, or via Adaptive Brightness.
HP is a superior brand when it comes to visuals and brightness settings. We’ve compiled a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can quickly turn up the brightness on your preferred HP model.
Why Should I Turn Up Brightness on My HP Laptop?
Turning up the brightness on your HP laptop while working, playing games, or watching TV shows and movies helps you significantly reduce the eyesight strain.
Although brightness may not cause lasting harm, it may cause several short-term difficulties, such as irritation of the eyes and dryness. So we recommend adjusting the radiance for a while and turning it back to the recommended settings afterward.
Turning Up Brightness on HP Laptop
Wondering how to turn up the brightness on an HP laptop? Our step-by-step instructions will help you go through the whole process without stress. So, let’s not waste any more time and dive right into the 5 methods.
Method #1: Using Action Center
In this method, you will use the Windows Action Center to turn up the brightness on your laptop.
- Click the Action Center button at the right-bottom of the toolbar on your HP laptop (usually a notification center of Windows 10). You may also press Windows key + A to view the Action Center.
- Tap on “Expand” in the Action Center menu to access all the options.
- Slide the brightness bar to increase the brightness based on your requirement.
Method #2: Using Settings
You can use the Windows Settings app to play with the HP system brightness.
- Click on the Start menu, type in “Settings” in the search box, and select the app.
- Click on “Display Settings” under Settings > System.
- Navigate to the “Brightness and Color” option and increase the brightness level by moving the slider from left to right.
Method #3: Using Fn Key
In this method, you will enhance the brightness with the help of the Fn key on the HP laptop keyboard.
- Look for the Fn key on the laptop keyboard (often placed beside the Windows key).
- Now locate the brightness function key that often has a sun icon and is often present on the top navigation keys of the HP keyboard.
- On the latest models of HP laptops, use the Fn + F4 key to turn up the brightness.
The brightness function key is the F3 key in most HP models, but HP keyboards vary from model to model. You may need to only press F3 on some models, while others may require you to press the press Fn + F3 simultaneously.
Method #4: Use High-Performance Settings
You can also accelerate your PC’s performance to turn up the brightness on your HP laptop.
- Click on the battery icon at the right-bottom of your screen or the System Tray.
- Next, choose “High-Performance“ to increase the brightness.
You can control the high-performance feature brightness from Advanced Battery Options.
Method #5: Use Adaptive Brightness
If your HP model supports Adaptive Brightness, you can use this feature in your favor based on the lighting in the environment. To check if you have the feature and enable it, follow the steps below.
- Go to System Settings.
- Select “Display Settings“.
- Select “Brightness & Color“.
- Find the “Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option and check the box to activate it.
Like the high-performance method, you can use battery options to turn off adaptive brightness.
In this guide, we’ve explored different ways to turn up the brightness on an HP laptop and, most importantly, the effect of low illumination. We’ve also discussed the possibility of Adaptive Brightness settings if your computer has this feature. Hopefully, one of our methods in this guide worked for you, and now you don’t have to concentrate a lot while looking at the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to turn off the auto-brightness in your HP laptop, follow these steps.
1. Go to the Start menu and dive into the Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings.
2. Choose the “Advance Power” option and scroll down to the “Display” option.
3. Expand the display option to open up the “Adaptive Brightness” option.
4. Choose to turn off this feature when it’s on battery power and when the computer is plugged in.
5. Click on Apply > OK.