Eero Router delivers a full and strong Wi-Fi network that can extend beyond the normal range of most Wi-Fi systems. The mesh Wi-Fi system of the Eero Router accounts for this ability to deliver super-fast, strong, and long-range connections.
Occasionally, you have to reset your Eero Router to keep it functioning at its optimum level. For instance, if your Eero Router suddenly slows down its speed or range, you should troubleshoot it by resetting it. We may also need to reset our router when transferring it to another owner or place.
If you face any situations where you need to reset your Eero Router, you can reset it using the reset button on your router. Another way to reset your Eero Router is to use the reset function available on the Eero Router app. This app is available in both the Android and the iOS versions.
By the end of this blog post, you will learn how to reset your Eero Router using the different means available.
How To Reset Eero Router
You can reset an Eero Router via a soft reset, hard reset, power reset, or the router app.
Method #1: Reset Eero Router via Soft Reset
The soft reset clears off most of your network configuration settings on the router. The only network configuration retained in soft reset is the IP and port forwarding configuration. Logs and activities sessions are also kept in the router.
Hence, a soft reset is helpful if you want to keep your logs and activities sessions saved when resetting your router.
To perform a soft reset on your Eero Router, use an unfolded paper clip and hold the reset button for 7 seconds. Usually, you will know when the reset begins when the LED of the Eero Router flashes yellow lights.
Method #2: Reset Eero Router via Hard Reset
When you reset your router via hard reset, it clears all your network configurations, logs, and saved sessions. Hence, nothing is retained, unlike the soft reset.
Resetting your router via hard reset is similar to resetting it via a soft reset; however, it requires you to hold down the reset button for a longer time.
Take an unfolded paper clip and press the reset button for 15 seconds. This time around, the LED of the Eero still flashes yellow lights.
Method #3: Power Reset a Router
A power reset is another way to perform a reset, similar to a soft or hard reset. You should attempt this reset when a soft or hard reset doesn’t solve the issue.
Here is how to perform a power reset similar to a soft reset.
- Unplug your Eero Router from the electrical source, be it the wall, internal battery, or both.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Connect back the Eero Router to the power source and switch it on.
Powering off the computer clears the active memory; however, the software will remain unchanged. When you turn it on again, a new memory will start afresh, and your software will operate more effectively.
Here is how to perform a power reset similar to a hard reset.
- Use a paperclip to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, ensuring the LED light flashes.
- Unplug the power cable or any other power source with one still on the reset button. Also, wait for another 30 seconds.
- Replug the power cable while still holding the reset button.
This hard power reset will clear off all your network configurations and saved sessions like the normal hard reset. However, it can clear corrupt memories that are difficult for a hard reset to clear.
It is ideal to get someone to unplug and replace the power cable while pressing the reset button.
Method #4: Using the Eero App
Here is how to reset your Eero Router using the Eero app.
- Open the Eero app on your phone. Here is a link to download the app for Android and iOS version.
- Locate the “Menu” button on the top-left corner of the screen and click it.
- Choose “Network Settings” and “Advanced Settings” from the menu list.
- Select “Delete” your network and read the warnings that follow it.
- Click “Delete Network” below the warnings.
- A prompt asking you, “Are you sure you want to delete your network?” will appear. Confirm this warning by finally clicking on “Delete Network“.
- It will return to the setup screen page for you to start the entire router configuration anew.
Ring Alarm Pro Eero Router has no soft reset capability, and you should soft reset it via the Eero app.
The Eero Router is a powerful Wi-Fi system that uses mesh extender technology to transmit fast, strong, and long-range internet Wi-Fi. On very few occasions, the Eero Router may drop performance and require you to reset it. Also, you will need to reset it if you transfer it to a new person or location. This post has explained the various methods you can use to reset your Eero Wi-Fi.