As long as your smartphone uses a SIM card, it has an Integrated Circuit Card Identification (ICCID) number. The ICCID number is a unique identifier that determines the things you can assess and the level of access your device has. So, how do you find the ICCID number on an Android?
Ideally, you should be able to find the ICCID number on the SIM card or packaging. If you don’t see it there, check your device’s “About Phone” settings. Alternatively, you can download a third-party app from the Play Store to view your SIM’s ICCID.
If you want to manage specific settings in your SIM, knowing your ICCID may be necessary. Below we elaborate on different ways to find the ICCID number on your Android.
Different Methods To Find the ICCID Number on Android
If you’d like to know the ICCID number of your SIM on an Android device, it helps to know that there are different methods. So, in case you don’t find the ICCID number using one method, you can always try using another method.
Below we elaborate on three ways you can find the ICCID number on an Android device.
Method #1: Checking the SIM Card or Packaging
The first method you want to use to find the ICCID number on your Android device is by checking the SIM card or packaging. The problem with this method is that not every SIM card manufacturer prints the ICCID number on their SIM card or packaging for security reasons.
Here’s how to check for ICCID on a SIM card.
- If you have an older model of Android with a removable battery, remove the battery to access the SIM card. If you use a newer model with a SIM tray, use a pin to remove the tray to access the SIM.
- Check the back of the SIM card to see if the ICCID number is printed on it.
- If the ICCID number is not printed on the SIM card chip, check the packaging of the SIM card.
Method #2: Using “About Phone”
Another way to check the ICCID number of your SIM card is to check your phone settings. The type of Android device you are using and its version depends on whether you would find the ICCID number in the settings or not.
Here’s how to use the “About Phone” to check the ICCID number.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android by opening the app slider and selecting the Settings app from the list.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the “About Phone” option.
- Look for the option that says “ICCID Number”; on some devices, it is named “SIM Serial Number”.
Method #3: Using Third-Party Apps
If you can’t still find the ICCID number, then the last option you have is to download a third-party app. There are several apps you can download to use to view the info on your SIM card. One app you can use to view your SIM card info is the SIM Reader, a free tool you can download on Play Store.
Here’s how to use to check the ICCID number on Android.
- Go to the Play Store and download the SIM Reader.
- Launch the app and grant it access to manage your phone calls.
- Your SIM ICCID will be displayed along with other helpful info about your SIM, like IMSI, MNC, MCC, etc.
How Does the ICCID Number Work?
The ICCID is a unique identifier number containing information about your SIM card. It is a 19- or 20-digit number. The number can be broken down into six categories, each telling different information about your SIM card. For example, the first two digits for most IoT SIM cards is always 89, which distinguishes a SIM card from other chip cards like debit or credit cards.
The next two digits are assigned by the ITU and are used by the IMSIs. The next two after that are used to identify the mobile network of your SIM card. Following this two-digit number is a 10-digit number that differentiates your SIM card from others.
Note that the ICCID number differs from the IMEI and IMSI numbers. Although they are all network identifiers, the IMEI identifies specific devices, the IMSI identifies specific subscribers, and the ICCID identifies your SIM card.
The ICCID number of your SIM card is very important. It does not matter what type of smartphone you use; provided it uses a SIM card, it has an ICCID number. You can check for the ICCID number on Android devices and an iPhone. So, if you need to know the ICCID number of your SIM card, do well to use any of the methods discussed in this guide.