You might need the serial number of your Lenovo laptop for various reasons—to claim your laptop’s warranty, to know the model specification, or for manufacturing details. Your technician or support person may ask you during the repair work or find a compatible part for your laptop.
Usually, you will find the serial number of your Lenovo laptop printed on the bottom of the laptop. Still, you don’t have to worry if the label is unavailable or unreadable. There are other ways you can get the serial number of your Lenovo laptop.
In this article, you will learn how to find the serial number on a Lenovo laptop using various methods.
- Where Is the Serial Number on the Lenovo Laptop?
- Method #1: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop on Windows
- Method #2: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop on Lenovo Vantage
- Method #3: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is the Serial Number on the Lenovo Laptop?
A serial number is usually printed on the backside of your laptop. It contains the model name, manufacturer, date of manufacture, and other details.
Turn off your laptop and turn it upside down and see if you can locate the label which contains the serial number. There are chances that the label might not be available or the information is unreadable. In that case, please follow the below methods to collect the serial number from your Lenovo laptop.
Method #1: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop on Windows
Using Windows OS on your Lenovo laptop, you can collect the serial number in just a second. On your Windows device, please follow the below steps.
- Press Win + R on your keyboard.
- Type “CMD” on the Run dialog box screen and press the Enter key.
- Type this command on the screen:
WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER; press Enter. You will find your Lenovo laptop serial number on the screen.
This is one of the quickest ways to collect the serial number of your Lenovo laptop using CMD.
Method #2: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop on Lenovo Vantage
Lenovo Vantage is software built by Lenovo to help you manage your device settings, improve performance, and run all the required updates. It also contains the serial number of your device.
Please follow the instructions below to find the serial number of your Lenovo laptop using Lenovo Vantage software.
- Go to search and type “Lenovo Vantage”.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click “Device”.
- Click the “My Device” option. On the screen, you will see the product serial and model number.
This is how you can see the serial number of your Lenovo laptop using the Lenovo Vantage software.
Method #3: How To Find the Serial Number of a Lenovo Laptop Using the BIOS Setup Utility
You can also collect your Laptop manufacturing information, such as a serial number, from the BIOS Setup Utility. Please follow the instructions below to enter BIOS Setup Utility mode on your Lenovo device.
- To enter BIOS Setup Utility, restart or shut down your Lenovo laptop.
- Hold the F1 or F2 key continuously while turning on your laptop. Once you enter the BIOS Setup Utility, you can see your laptop’s serial number on the main screen.
The F1 or F2 key is the standard method to enter BIOS Setup Utility mode on most Lenovo products. On some devices, you might also need to hold the Fn key. Check out this article on the Lenovo website for the recommended way to enter BIOS Utility mode.
Following any of the above 3 methods, you can obtain the serial number of your Lenovo laptop. One can also find the serial number from the purchase invoice copy or by contacting the store where you purchased your Lenovo laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find one sticker on the bottom of your laptop, which contains the serial number and product details.